Raising a lump sum
We're dedicated to providing free thinking financial solutions to the over 55s. Helping you...
If you have important plans to finance
If you would like to do more in retirement
Keep your equity
The Over 55s Unsecured Loan
We find you the best deal to
release your equity
Your home is not used as security for the loan.
Provided its affordable, you can borrow up to £150,000 over a maximum of 20 years. Loans must be repaid by your 75th birthday.
Peace of mind
free2 will wipe off any outstanding loan if you die before it is fully repaid – so no debt for your loved ones.
Our rates are fixed for the entire loan repayment period and if you want to clear your balance early, we won’t charge you a fee.
Your home is used as security, which means there is usually an amount owing by your estate after you have passed away.
A choice of borrowing options
Equity release is attractive to people who want to pay minimal or no monthly repayments. We’ll find the right options for you and your family.
Independent financial advice
Your financial adviser will search for the best deals across the whole equity release market.
Provided your property is worth at least £70,000 you can borrow up to 25% of its value.
We aim to help people achieve more from life over 55. To do that, we plan to develop a wider range of bespoke financial solutions especially for them.
Our commitment is to use our fintech heritage and expertise to improve our customer service, enhance our efficiency and increase the attractiveness of our carefully designed products and services.
How to get started?
The Over 55s Unsecured Loan
Reasons to borrow
Many people 55 to 70 find themselves in the "sandwich" generation, having to both help their children and look after their elderly parents. For example, you may need to:
- Modify your parents’ home
- Modify your home if your parents live with you
- Add a granny annexe or extension to your property
- Raise money for essential home nursing care and support
Raise the funds you need by talking to free2's Equity Release Advice Service or by taking out an Over 55s Unsecured Loan.
Perhaps you’d like to help your children without spending a portion of your savings or dipping into your pension funds? For example, you might want to:
- Raise a deposit for their first home
- Pay for a wedding day to remember
- Give your grandchild an amazing start in life by paying for their education
- Convert the attic for the grandchildren to occupy
Find the solution, either by talking to free2's Equity Release Advice Service or by taking out an Over 55s Unsecured Loan.
Now that you’re spending more time at home, you may wish to add to its value and improve its liveability and attractiveness. Through free2's Equity Release Advice Service or by taking out an Over 55s Unsecured Loan, you could choose to:
- Add an open-plan extension to your kitchen and family room
- Bring in the experts for a lush garden makeover
- Renovate your bathroom to create a wet room with underfloor heating
- Add loft space or a conservatory
You might want to achieve some significant lifestyle changes, or realise some plans earlier in your retirement, for example:
- Go exploring in a classic vintage car
- Make plans to travel the world
- Give free range to indulge your lifelong hobbies
You could raise the necessary funds by talking to free2's Equity Release Advice Service or by taking out an Over 55s Unsecured Loan.